Maternal Fetal Medicine
Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) physicians are high-risk pregnancy experts, specializing in the un-routine. For pregnant women with chronic health problems, MFM physicians work with women for women gyn with other clinical specialists in an office or hospital setting to keep the woman healthy as her body changes and her baby grows. We also care for women who face unexpected problems that develop during pregnancy, such as early labour, bleeding, or high blood pressure. We’re the go-to for pregnant women who arrive in the hospital for any reason, whether after an accident or at the onset of a kidney infection. In other cases, it’s the baby who faces the un-routine. If we find birth defects or growth problems, we can find an obstetrician to start treatment before birth, providing monitoring, blood transfusions and surgery to support babies with the best possible care until they are ready to arrive in the world.
- Track 1-1 Pre-Pregnancy Underweight and Fetal Growth
- Track 2-2 Pregnancy Termination Practice
- Track 3-3 Signalling, Status and Inequities in Maternal Healthcare
- Track 4-4 Body Mass Index (BMI) Guidelines for Fertility Treatment
- Track 5-5 Maternal Fetal Medicine Practice & Procedures
- Track 6-6 Fetal Blood Sampling